1. McSweeney’s! If for some reason you aren’t hip to this groove, you should become so.
They do lists as well as fiction. Here are a few of my favorites:
a) What I Think the Illegible Gang Graffiti That Was Spray-Painted Onto My Apartment Building Actually Says
b) Clint Eastwood Film or Gay Porn?
c) Other Names Sting Could Go by, as Suggested by My Thesaurus
2. John Barach praises Chocolat, proving once again that my wife knows better than I.
3. This is Margaret Sanger, evil and scary as Hell.
4. I understand the appeal of rolling back the prices for cheap tupperware, but Wal-Mart Doctors? All kinds of not good.
5. Reading Dr. Peter Leithart’s A Great Mystery with the wife, which is a collection of wedding homilies. Brilliant as always, Leithart’s book is made doubly fun for us since we had the privilege of being present at most of these weddings. Though about marriage particularly, it is very devotional as well. Pick it up.